If I had to choose my top 3 makeup must-haves, blush would definitely make the cut. When it comes to doing the smile, pat, and swirl on the apples of my cheeks, it gives me that excited girly feeling. Deciding on which shade to choose is what I look forward to every morning. Clearly, I LOVE blush. A total must-have that adds color, character and brings those cheeks to life. For today’s post, I gathered five shades (high-end AND drugstore) that go hand-in-hand with the upcoming bright, sunny days. A mixture of pinks, corals, and shimmers for a cheeky spring glow.
I love when my skin responds well to products because maintaining an effective beauty routine is key for me. Lately, these are the products I have been turning to. I figured why not share my thoughts and how they keep things simple on a daily basis!
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash: The gel formula is gentle and provides a nice lather. It contains coconut water, which is a key ingredient for cleansing, hydrating, and toning. This is my go-to face wash after a long day.
- Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm: Smells like roses and has a minty feel to it. Soothes and hydrates your lips, no need to exfoliate often. An absolute must-have, I apply it under lipstick and right before going to bed. Can’t get enough!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: Finely milled and absolutely the best to set foundation with, leaving a natural flawless finish. Best part? NO WHITE CAST! A little goes a very long way, tap any excess from your brush before applying. Don’t blend, just tap lightly onto the face.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush: Although this brush is meant for blush, I find the shape and bristles are perfect for applying face powder. The narrow tip helps cover small areas like between brows and the sides of your nose. Soft and affordable, can’t get any better!
- Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer: I use the shade “Summertime”, a deep brown that adds a natural warmth. I use it to bronze my face and lightly contour my cheeks. Blends perfectly and does not get muddy throughout the day.
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lip Liner: The creamy, long-wearing formulation of this wooden lip pencil is very true to color and easy to apply (I hate patchy liners). Practically living in the color “011 Spice”, a reddish-brown (mahogany-like). Stunning for a daytime look.
Of all my current essentials, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder and Rosebud Minted Lip Balm are definitely my favorite. What beauty gems are you currently loving?